Don’t worry; a Manchester family dentist has reassuring advice
The first point to be aware of, says Manchester family dentist Carisbrook Dental, is that almost everyone has some form of fear. It might be a fear of heights, spiders, snakes, flying or needles, but if the fear is there then it is difficult to just ignore it. So if a person has dental phobia – or a fear of dentists – it can affect not only the quality of their smile, but in actual fact it could impact on their general dental health and in turn it could even affect their self-confidence, their career and their social life. So if there is something that can be done to help them overcome their fear of dentists it has to be a good thing … and this Manchester family dentist reckons that it can do exactly that.
According to Carisbrook dental phobia is by no means rare. In fact it is something they come across almost every day. So much so, in fact, that they have made a study of the problem and have implemented a whole catalogue of initiatives to ease the worries of anxious or nervous patients.
The most important aspect of nervous patient care says the clinic, is to ask them to try and explain their fears. Just what is it that they are afraid of? As a successful Manchester family dentist Carisbrook has created a calm and welcoming environment and always does everything it can to enable patients to remain in control.
First of all the dental team will talk with them and explain everything about the treatment while they go to great lengths to reassure them. They also go the extra mile to ensure that they progress at a pace that the patient always feels entirely comfortable with. There is never any rush or pressure to proceed. If they should ever feel uncomfortable or anxious at any time then all the patient has to do is to raise their hand and the dentist or hygienist will instantly halt the treatment. Only re-commencing it when the patient is ready.
The reassuring nervous patient care techniques this Manchester family dentist employs are all tried and tested and have been proved to work – even with the most anxious of people. It is based on the clinic’s 1, 2, 3 concept.
- Take the whole treatment slowly and at a gentle pace so that the patient never feels under pressure or out of control.
- Always tell the patient exactly what is involved and show them the lengths they go to in order to avoid stress and discomfort.
- Explain how, if required, they can provide proven pain management methods, including different types of sedation – both oral and intravenous – to help calm the nerves. At Carisbrook they even have The Wand – a pain free alternative to injections.
To reinforce this high level of nervous patient care Carisbrook is registered and certified with the Dental Phobia Organisation and the Dental Fear Organisation. Both these bodies regularly vet dentists to ensure they are suitably trained and are sympathetic to their patients’ needs. Dr Idrees, a leading dentist at Carisbrook, received a Five Star Award from the Dental Phobia Organisation.
So successful is this gentle approach to patients suffering from dental phobia that this Manchester family dentist now has an enviable reputation for the care and concern it provides.
If you suffer from dental phobia and would like to talk to Carisbrook the Manchester family dentist then please call us now to arrange a Free Consultation. You can call: 0161 951 7295. You can also contact us by using the online form on our Appointments page.
- Facial beauty treatment doesn’t have to involve expensive plastic surgery
- Revealed … the secret orthodontic treatment
- Tooth ache, abscess, lost filling, dental injury, lost tooth, missing crown …
- Why we are known as ‘The Gentle Dentists’
- Your gums are as much a part of your smile as your teeth
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentist Manchester
- Help & Advice
- In the press
- Smile Galleries