As NHS dental costs continue to rise patients face a dilemma
We touched on the difficulties of finding an NHS dentist who is taking on new patents a few weeks ago when we wrote about the lady who, in desperation, resorted to pulling out her own teeth. Then last week we came across an article with the following headline: WHY YOU CAN’T FIND AN NHS DENTIST … and even if you’re lucky enough to find one, it can cost you a fortune.
This all stemmed from a recent report by the British Dental Association (BDA) who claimed that 58 percent of all dentists intend to quit the NHS in the next five years. That, together with continually rising NHS dental costs, paints an increasingly gloomy future for NHS dental patients. In fact, the cost of treatment demanded by the NHS has again risen for the second year running and NHS dental costs rose by another five percent in April of this year.
One result of this situation is that it has triggered an increasing number of people to now investigate private dental clinics such as Carisbrook Dental. The outcome, according to many people we have spoken to, is not as desperate as they first thought. For one thing many private dental clinics, including here at Carisbrook, positively welcome new patents – children as well as adults – so you won’t have to wait to access dental treatment. Secondly, when the dental costs at Carisbrook are compared to NHS dental costs they are surprisingly competitive.
Another valuable benefit that is very much appreciated by patients is our Payment Plan. For a small monthly fee starting from as little as just 37 pence a day (it is less for children up to the age of 16) patents are entitled to:
- Two dental health examinations per year, including oral cancer health checks.
- Two hygienist appointments per year including preventive advice.
- Two routine x-rays.
- 20% discount on routine treatments (excluding specialist and cosmetic treatments).
- Dental injury covers up to £10,000 per year.
- Up to £12,000 cover for one course of oral cancer treatment (including smokers).
- Temporary emergency dental treatment abroad and in the UK up to £400 per incident and up to £800 per year.
This, combined with a Free Consultation for all new patients, plus a programme of regular Special Offers for different treatments means that our dental costs have become ever more competitive when compared to the rising NHS dental costs.
So is there really a dentist crisis looming? We at Carisbrook don’t believe there is because the alternative to the NHS is already out there and it is immediately available at a cost that is much lower than you may have imagined.
If you are struggling to find a dentist why not talk to us and book a Free Consultation. You can call us on 0161 951 7295 or alternatively you can contact us by using the online form on our Appointments page.
- One week left for a white Christmas
- Woman is fined £1000 for illegal teeth whitening
- Gum disease is the world’s most prevalent human disease!
- How sedation dentistry is helping nervous patients
- Last call to book your Christmas smile
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentist Manchester
- Help & Advice
- In the press
- Smile Galleries