People who suffer from dental phobia, which is another term for people who are nervous or just plain scared of visiting their Dentist Manchester, will very often defer, postpone or even refuse to visit a dentist – even when they are suffering from severe tooth decay, gum disease or are experiencing some other dental problem. Now, however, we are finding that more and more nervous patients such as these are coming to us so they can discuss how our advanced dental sedation techniques provide the perfect anxiety-free solution they’ve been looking for.
At Carisbrook, we are understandably proud of the efforts we have made in helping nervous patients to overcome their phobia, and it is why we are registered and supported by the Dental Phobia Organisation and the Dental Fear Organisation.
As part of our caring approach, we have developed a very special and reassuring environment within our clinic to help patients relax. In addition, we have also introduced The Wand as part of our pain management approach because this delivers totally pain-free anaesthetic injections.
Many nervous patients choose to come to Carisbrook though because they have heard such reassuring reports about our dental sedation techniques. The sedation techniques we offer ensure that even the most nervous of patients can be confident that they will be able to undergo their treatment without any fears or anxiety.
At Carisbrook, we currently provide two different types of dental sedation treatment depending on a patient’s preference and also on our recommendation.
- Oral Sedation. Oral dental sedation involves the patient taking a single tablet, either the night before or an hour or so before any treatment. This simple medication will ensure that the patient remains perfectly calm and relaxed and they will be virtually unaware of the treatment they are receiving.
- Intravenous Sedation. When the patient arrives at our clinic they are given a gentle injection into the back of their hand. Although they will not be fully unconscious during the treatment, they will not recall anything about it. Even people who have been really nervous beforehand have told us that they highly recommend our dental sedation opportunities.
It is important to note though that if you choose to have one of our dental sedation treatments you must have someone to drive you home and you cannot drink alcohol for the next few hours.
If you class yourself as a nervous patient and you would like to discuss the dental sedation options we offer with one of our dental team then please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us on 0161 951 7295 or you can contact us by using the online booking form on our Appointments page.
- Important COVID-19 Notice
- How will the coronavirus crisis affect your dental health?
- Brushing your teeth 3-times a day cuts risk of diabetes
- The ‘Masters’ of dental implant surgery
- “I couldn’t believe it … yet another different dentist”
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentist Manchester
- Help & Advice
- In the press
- Smile Galleries