Report shows shocking variations in dental hygiene for kids
At Carisbrook Dental something we always do is to keep an eye on any dental issues that are featured in the media and a couple of weeks ago we came across what can only be described as a shocking report. According to an analysis by the Nuffield think-tank and the Health Foundation children in some areas of England are four times more likely to have rotten teeth than those living elsewhere.
- The report claimed that one in four adults did not brush their teeth twice a day.
- Middle class families in the south had better teeth than northern working class.
- Some 56 percent of children in some northern towns have tooth decay.
- Ten year olds in Yorkshire are most likely to have teeth extractions.
- A quarter of adults said that they had not been for a check-up at the dentist within the previous three years.
Dental hygiene for kids (and for adults too for that matter) is something that we are extremely passionate about at Carisbrook. We see it as an essential part of our service to provide the best professional care, plus the best advice regarding oral health and dental hygiene to all our patients. Despite the fact that our practice is based in the north, over the years we have definitely seen an improvement in dental health and although we do not denounce the report we are confident that overall dental health and especially dental hygiene for kids is improving.
There is certainly no room for complacency though and any improvement must be maintained and encouraged if we are to influence the state of the country’s dental health.
One of the ways in which we can and do encourage more people to respect their teeth and to maintain regular attendance at the dentist is our outstanding payment plan that for a monthly fee of just £11.50 provides many benefits. We also have payment plans for children – please ask reception for details and fees.
The key benefits of our plan:
- Two dental health examinations per year, including oral cancer health checks.
- Two hygienist appointments per year including preventive advice.
- Two routine x-rays.
- 20% discount on routine treatments (excluding specialist and cosmetic treatments).
- Dental injury cover up to £10,000 per year.
- Up to £12,000 cover for one course of oral cancer treatment (including smokers).
- Temporary emergency dental treatment abroad and in the UK up to £400 per incident and up to £800 per year.
In other words it is now very cost-effective to ensure that your whole family has immediate access to one of the north’s leading dental practices. Thanks to our professional care and the advice we provide we can ensure that your family will not become another statistic in this shocking study.
If you have a concern and you would like to see one of our dental team please do not hesitate to contact us. You can call us on 0161 951 7295 or alternatively you can contact us by using the online form on our Appointments page.
- Still time to book your Christmas smile
- NHS refusing to fund children’s braces
- Too scared to go to the dentist?
- Do your teeth look older than you do?
- How to prevent tooth decay
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dentist Manchester
- Help & Advice
- In the press
- Smile Galleries