The main aim of the whole Carisbrook Dental Team is to provide dental care of the highest quality in a very relaxed and enjoyable surrounding. We have a strong emphasis on oral hygiene practices at home and we truly believe that preventive dentistry is the best possible means of maintaining excellent oral health. We also understand that going to a dentist can be stressful and an experience you don’t look forward to. We honestly feel and know we can change this. Over the last 50 years we have developed techniques to help you.
On your premier appointment you will be met and treated in a warm, calm and friendly manner. If you don’t want to, you don’t even have to go into a dental surgery. We promise that you will never be judged by us or have to feel ashamed of any phobias you may have, after all, we’re the gentle dentists. Initially we can have a meeting in one of our consulting rooms to get to know each other. In following appointments we will take one step at a time together at your own pace. We offer relaxation aids such as TVs and iPod docking stations to help you. We also offer treatment under sedation and pain free anaesthesia – “The Wand”
Signs of nervous patients with a dental phobia include:
- You feel tense or have trouble sleeping the night before appointment
- You get increasingly nervous while you’re in the waiting room
- You feel like crying and feel hapless when you think of going to the dentist
- Even the mere thought of a dental appointment can make you feel physically ill.
- You panic during treatment appointments and feel you are not in control
- You are unable to communicate your feelings due to by fear.
- You have a severe gag reflex
Are you nervous and worried about seeing a dentist?
If yes, then we can help using a variety of methods such as relaxation techniques, slowly introducing you to the practice, dentist and treatments. We also provide sedation for our clients too. We are very sympathetic to your needs and fears. The practice is registered with Dental phobia organisation and dental fear organisation. Both bodies vet dentists to ensure they are suitably trained and sympathetic to patients needs to be included on their registers. Dr Idrees received a five star award from dental phobia organisation.